Re: You heard it here first

morphett@one.net.au (Morphett) wrote in
<ohrupskvfjqvt4aq94dpakfipl7tab597h@4ax.com>:

>>Well this is still semi-anonymous because you call yourself "Nicky". I
>>haven't seen you posting here before and this is a fairly big statement
>>to make without any evidence. Some of the other regulars here at
>>aus.rail are fairly reliable, and you can usually accept what they say
>>without questioning it. When someone shows up with a nickname and
>>immediately starts posting what may be wild statements without any
>>source, it is understandable that I am a little bit skeptical and would
>>like more details.
>
>How about you wait until you read it in the newspaper then?

All rumours should be stated as such. Most discerning rail transport
connoiseurs like to have information backed up. This is to prevent silly
childish stories like "QR have purchased the 4D to test out loading guage
issues, in practice".

It's good that rumours be posted to the group, brings up much discussion
(like this!), but on the same token, all rumours should be stated as such.

Meanwhile, back to the Bayside story in the original post, no Bayside
driver has confirmed or denied such yet. Perhaps it really is happening and
is hard under the wraps for a similar mass media explosion like
Connex? Perhaps Bayside have no drivers left? [it's cheaper to cancel the
train].

MK