Re: New Melbourne trams have fewer seats than the old ones but they're longer!

Railway Rasputin3 <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message

> I won't be surprise if Yarra trams/Connex and Bayside
> trains found teething problems with their new toys coming
> up from Euro.

Speaking of which I just happened to find myself at a presentation by
Siemens on their new Bayside sparks the other day.

There are a couple of notable design changes as far as the passenger is
concerned, 2 doors per side instead of 3, and 2+2 seating instead of 2+3.
The seating will be a combination of 'bay' & 'airline' seating, and the
seats & aisle will be wider than now.

However, although the car lengths are very close, the new sparks will have a
lower seating capacity.

The theory behind these changes is apparently to provide greater comfort for
the travelling pax, & therefore attract more patronage.

So with more pax & less seats they'd better have a better headway?...

--
HXP1
(now with v6.08 software)