Re: [Qld] Bundy's Last Great Adventure - Mackay

The name of the documentary, "Bundy's Last Great Adventure" was chosen by
the film production company, Gulliver Media Australia. Bundy is a shortened
nickname for the locomotive No.5, Bundaberg Fowler (Bundy Fowler {and Bundy
Rum}). It is most likely a journey such as this by one steam locomotive to
so many different mills will never happen again, although we also thought
that No.5's visit to the Moreton Mill in 1997 for their centenary would
never happen again, but it has - three times in the last four years.
The documentary is supposed to depict No.5 "breaking free of its bonds" from
our Durundur Railway museum project at Woodford and making a pilgrimage
along the coast visiting various sugar districts and learning of the history
of the sugar industry.
No.5's journey is actually being used to link together stories about the
sugar industry in each district as told by local identities. I would not
expect great long sequences of the No.5 in operation in the final film - but
this remains to be seen.
Regards
David Mewes

399D43AE.6895201E@ozemail.com.au">news:399D43AE.6895201E@ozemail.com.au...