Re: AN class Versus EL class

Hi,

Railway Rasputin3 wrote:

> It seems to me according to the dimension/figures of the AN class, the
> AN class outstand performance of EL class. Since if EL class haul
> passenger train can match XPT's schedule, what about AN class haul
> passenger train?

Not going to happen....
AN class - 128 t - axle load 21.3t
EL class - 114t - axle load 19t

Hence an AN class will not be permitted the sort of speeds (or route
availability) an EL is.  Likewise an NR (or C, or anyother big powered
loco) could go like a cut snake on a pass, but at 132t we won't be finding
out in any sort of hurry.....until we get 60kg/m rail everywhere, and I
think you and I will grow very old waiting for that to happen!

Regards,
CH.
--
Craig Haber