Re: [NSW] Orphan Rocker - truth revealed?

Excellent, an answer at last (the URL worked fine for me).

I was there in 1993 and again last year, and wondered what the hell
that structure was for.  I thought it looked like a kiddy rollercoaster
(I didn't realise there were scary bits out of sight of the car park),
but decided that was unlikely given the historical/environmental
significance of that site.

By the way, the tech data didn't mention the wheels and rails of the
Scenic Railway.  What gauge, and are they typical stock, ie flanged
steel wheels on "I" profile track?  Some of the Swiss funiculars appear
(from what you can see) to run on flangeless rollers, for want of a
better word, rather than "normal" rail wheels.

Thanx

James

In article <399A491C.FC95D96D@ozemail.com.au>,
  trainman@ozemail.com.au wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>
> > Due to popular demand, and after some detective work, we have added
a page
> > about the Orphan Rocker. For those of you who don't know, this
roller
> > coaster was built at the Katoomba Scenic Railway around 1990, but
has never
> > gone into service. Rumours abound.
>
> My favourite was that they sent it on its first trial trip full of
sandbags.
> The train came back but the sand bags were never seen again.
>
> > For more info, come to http://info.mountains.net.au/rail/ksr , and
take a
> > virtual ride on the Scenic Railway whilst you're there.
>
> File Not found
>
> The requested URL /rail/ksr/rail1.css was not found on this server.
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/