Re: [NSW] Penrith station platform indicators

"Dave Proctor" <daproc@spambait.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
> "Scott Beecham" <snoa@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message
> > Despite some suggestions that there would be plasma screens on the
> > platforms, it seems cityrail has chosen to use known technology for it's
> > passenger information displays. Spotted today was a team of people
> > installing brand new PID's similar to those seen at Blacktown and
> Parramatta
> > amongst others. The concourse however does have some of the plasma
screens
> > in place but not yet turned on.
>
> The Penrith indicators do not have the departure time of the next service
or
> the second service - it only lists the "Due In" minutes part. Presumably
> this is because scheduled departure times are works of fiction anyway.
> <g,d,r>

The SPI indicators on all Penrith Platforms wasn't switch on when I was
working there in the afternoon today (16/8). And I notice the Plasma Screens
replacing the old wooden indicators near the ticket windows/machines. I
think the SPIs @ Penrith will bright yellow instead of red (yellow is easier
to see than red).

--
Danny Mok