Re: [NSW] Penrith station platform indicators

David Johnson wrote:

> Anita Lukaszyk wrote:
>
> > D'Oh!  You beat me to it!
> >
> > I have seen the containers for the Plasmas up on the concourse, and it
> > seems that there will only be 2 Plasmas. I would have thought there'd be
> > 3.
>
> Interesting...  The plan was to use considerably more.  Maybe they ran out of
> money?
>
> Station        Total|Inc Plats|On Plats|Avg|On Concourse
> Central        83    10        56       6   27
> Redfern        52    12        44       4   8
> Strathfield    64    8         40       5   24
> Town Hall      64    6         36       6   28
> Wynyard        34    4         24       6   10
> Ashfield       34    5         28       5   6
> North Sydney   27    4         24       6   3
> Penrith        18    3         14       5   4
> Lidcombe       26    4         18       5   8
> Circular Quay  16    2         12       6   4
> Museum         16    2         12       6   4
> St James       16    2         12       6   4
> Bondi Junction 16    2         12       6   4
> Edgecliff      14    2         12       6   2
> Kings Cross    14    2         12       6   2
> Total 15       494   68        356      5   138
>
> --
> David Johnson
> trainman@ozemail.com.au
> http://www.ozemail.com.au/~trainman/
> ------------------------------------
> These comments are made in a private
> capacity and do not represent the
> official view of State Rail.
> C.O.W.S. Page 11.

Well Dave's totals are correct for the Penrith concourse, 2 upstairs and 2 near
the BO equals 4. I'm a bit shocked about the SPI's on the platform, even though
the support girders installed were better suited to SPI. Maybe neety was right
ages ago when she said that they won't survive on the platforms (although
Ashfield's and Lidcombe's - busier stations crime wise and people wise) seem to
go alright.

There might not be enough covered platform space for 14 indicators on 3
platforms. To me (and I think Scott said that same thing a week or so ago). the
station still needs finishing touches to it (and the concourse sign corrected).

I'll check the situation tomorrow on the 0415.

Eric
sig file is running late and out of timetabled order.