Screen Door on XPT?

When I caught WT27 to Dubbo at the start of August, I noticed that car B
had a screen door on it in addition to the glass siding door which
blocked off one door (and the male toilets).

I also noticed that the door locking equipment was working.

What is the purpose of the screen door? Is this door and the locking
only used on the set operating WT27/28 or every XPT car?

Eric
The 8.26pm train to sig file has been cancelled for today only.