Re: Wollongong NSW

In article <8nd8f9$mt7$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  Railway Rasputin3 <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:
>  I would like to know the best place to film BHP railway system in
> Wollongong area. And the local railfan interest(Apart from Cockatoo
Run
> and light rail near Albion Park.
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> RR3
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Try Five Islands Road bridge north of Unanderra. Also Mt Kembla Rd
(near there) runs alongside the line to Nebo Mine. Great pub at Mt
Kembla to stop at. Also try Wongawilli Siding at Kembla Grange/Dapto.
Also anywhere around the actual steelworks ie Cringila, Lysaghts, Port
Kembla Nth and Port Kembla. I'm familiar with these areas as a local
and not a spotter so maybe a spotter may have better spots.
Other than the railfan clubs mentioned, I think there is one at the old
Railway Institute in Thirroul. Could try ringing the SM Thirroul as he
may have a contact.

regards Ian
Signal Design Engineer
Dapto, NSW, Aust.