[OT]Re: LED's on Long disance lines

pdwyer <pdwyerNOpdSPAM@ecn.net.au.invalid> wrote in message
29d235b0.59bf3227@usw-ex0104-026.remarq.com">news:29d235b0.59bf3227@usw-ex0104-026.remarq.com...
I notive our BCC is trialling LED's at Roma
> St, outside the bus terminal entrance, so maybe we're going to
> see the DOT permit LED's.

At the risk of veering way off topic, I just want to mention there are also
LED traffic signals at Ipswich and Morayfield that I have seen in my
travels. I have been told that QT are looking at trialling a form of LED
"searchlight" traffic signal that combines colours with shapes. It is
envisaged that red will be octagonal (like a stop sign), yellow will be
triangular (like a give-way sign) and round for green. Someone from QR has
since told me they might be interested in trialling a similar type of LED
searchlight signal without the shapes. These could be used where space is
restricted (like Ipswich and the old city tunnels).

--
Matt Smith
Brisbane Australia.

Reply to mattyq1009@dingoblue.net.au