Re: The Connex empire

In article <3997a007.111176459@news.ozemail.com.au>,
Ashley Wright <ajwright@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>It gets worse as all these companies are part of the Vivendi company
>which is quite a large company indeed with fingers in many pies.

 I knew Vivendi was the parent of CGEA, but the 'sudden' appearance of
the Connex branding confused things some what.

> My
>guess is Connex will be the common brand that they will be presenting
>on all their operations.

 Possibly their english language brandname. They appear to operate in
a number of different countries, but only appear to use 'Connex' in the
UK.

> They also own bus contracts in Perth
>(although they trade under the Transperth name with smaller operators
>logos) and are apparently on the hunt for more.

 I noticed CGEA's name on a number of buses when I was in Perth last year,
it also appears they operate the Perth bus station.