Re: Sardine can letter wrong? (Melb)

"Peter J. Vincent" wrote:

> No, I was joking about him being rammed in the back from empty cars.  As a
> matter of fact a driver would know how full the train was. the following
> would be a good guide
>
> 1. acceleration out of each station
> 2.slower loading times at each station
> 3.A loaded train brakes differently
> 4.More people walking and looking for empty doors
> 5.People deciding not to entrain
> 6.Finally, a look through the peephole
> 7.Leftover people at platforms looking for a ride up front

In Sydney (hijack) I use the following methods to determine train loading:
1. Current in the Ammeter  (Higher when loaded due to Averaging Valve)
2. Longer dwell times at stations
3. Brake Cylinder Pressure at full service E.P.  (Higher due to Load
Compensating Valves)
4. People standing outside my door, then running away after the guard blows the
whistle
5. People standing outside my door walking away after a while and sitting down
again
6. Look through Door
7. People outside door asking if they can come up the front
8. Guard blows whistle more than 6 times at a station
9. Smartarse questions like "Where's the rest of the train?"

Etc.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au