Re: [VIC] SRHC Olympic torch tour.

I motorcaded this train from Seymour to Benalla and back to Seymour
today. The weather was perfect and luckily the torch relay thing didn't
slow us down too much. In addition to this, the train was one of the
best looking trains I have seen all year. There was no headboard on the
loco and the train was a complete E car set. There wasn't a Krap car in
sight :-) However, there was one strange thing about today. I didn't see
any other gunzels motorcading this train, which is suprising considering
the fact that it was a good load and it was nice weather. I'm not
complaining though, because it solved the problem of photoline arguments
:-)

The consist was:

J515 - 1BE - 16ABE - 14BE - 5ABE - Wando - 2AE - 30AE - 3BCE

The times that I recorded were:

Down:

Seymour:                             1047
1/2 way between Longwood & Euroa:    approx 1140
Euroa dep:                           1220
Violet Town dep:                     1331

Up:

Benalla dep:                         1433
Site of Longwood station:            1527
Seymour arrival:                     1558

Here are some image captures from the video I took:

J515 departing Violet Town with the down special:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/olympic_torch/violet_town.jpg

J515 crossing the bridge over the Broken River just south of Benalla
station with the up special:
http://www.railpage.org.au/vr/pics/vidcaps/olympic_torch/broken_river.jpg

(Note: this image is temporary and will be removed soon)
J515 between Longwood and Euroa with the down special:
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ajmbrook/temp/longwood-euroa.jpg

Note: These images are copyright and are not to be used for anything
other than personal non-profit use without my permission.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au