Re: [Auswide] Trees/flowers along the line

Wondering if you knew why the Sugar Gums were originally planted there, and
after removing some [because they continually drop limbs on the track] they
have left the rest, and even concidered replanting what they removed???

A time ago, I knew an elderley Road Master, and whilst visiting him, I
remarked that it was a wonder that they were not removed. He told me they
should not be removed, otherwise trains would NOT RUN !
How so, says I.
They were planted in wet areas, and we could not keep the track stable
enough, even with drainage, to run trains for more than a few months. A
clever man thought up the idea of planting trees, and sugar gums grew
quickly, and kept the area drained all these years. Don't let them cut them
down..says he.
Rod

8n2cvk$kel$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8n2cvk$kel$1@nnrp1.deja.com...