Re: WestRail and Freight Australia

"Railway Rasputin3" <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:8mvfio$g60$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <39927cc8.31544827@24.192.1.17>,
>   lbrown2@bigpond.com (Brown Family) wrote:
> > On Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:34:38 +1000, "comtrain"
> > <comtrain@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > I'd say $250 million plus/minus $50 mil. - and not a cent more.
> I guess it's really hard to put a price tag to a railway. There are
> things to consider: the facilities/rolling stocks/land the profit they
> make every year, the potential.
>

> > FA's biggest problem is how on earth are they gonna raise the cash.
> > Their credit lines are already stretched.
> >
> > Les Brown
> And they are really short on locos.At the same time they keep on
> exapnding within and outside Victoria.

Listen Fellas!
                    You are barking up the wrong tree...[its over there>>>>]
Freight Australia are standing on their own.....They are valiantly trying to
do it all from here, with local Management.
They are not borrowing from Rail America. So they are stretched, but never
need to worry that the bankroll is available to them if they need it.
                   West Rail is not being bid for by Freight Victoria
[trading as Freight Australia]
Rail America is the bidder, and they would not be stupid enough to pay $800
million [which sounds like Court still plays with himself, to me!] and then
assett strip it for Victoria.
My guess is that it will need to be very seperate, with its own Management
team, answering to US of A.
Marinus might be able to extract very favourable terms from this
management...but that is far as it will go,,,in my opinion.
                Rail America has grown these last few years from a 'one mans
hobby /dream' into a very large Railroad orientated Industry, that has left
its competitors in the dust. THEY don't need to look for money...The Banks
are camped on their doorstep.
                Rod Young
and please do not attribute what I say, to anything my boss Freight
Australia might be saying, because he just does not consult with me. ;o)