Re: City Rail CBD snakes

"Robert Parnell" <rparnell@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
news:8mr5h0$148k$1@otis.netspace.net.au...
> Whilst working in a cleaner's room/store room at Wyndard
Station today, a
> couple of our technicians killed a small (30cm or so long)
brown snake. They
> moved some boxes onto the ground to gain access to a radio
installation.
> Upon packing up, the now dead snake was found under a box that
had been
> placed on the ground, obviously being under the box when it
was moved and
> killed when the box landed on the ground. What are the chances
of finding a
> snake in the CBD, let alone a busy railway station? Are there
other snakes
> in the vicinity???
>
> --
> Robert Parnell
> Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician,
> Electronics Enthusiast,
> Lachlan Valley Railway Director <www.ozemail.com.au/~lvrcowra>
> NSW HO scale railway modeller
> ICQ #82004509
> E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>

Quite some years ago there was a snake on the footpath in
Collins Street, Melbourne. The photo in the newspapers showed
the pedestrians keeping their distance while looking at the
snake. I presume the snake was somewhat bewildered. A zoologist
came and took it away.
David Lindstrom