mel-syd train question

I've just booked a '$98 return adult ticket' travelling to Sydney from
Melbourne.  Part of the deal is that I have to pay within 48 hours and the
ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable.  Also, the deal only applies
for travel from Spencer St to Central.

Question: Does the train stop at Cambelltown up and down? I'd like to get
off there.  It's not a problem, if it misses up, because I can just catch a
suburban back to Cambelltown.  I don't want to be standing at Cambelltown,
and see my Melbourne bound train fly past.

Does it stop at C-town?  Or does the guard check his list to see if there
are any passengers booked to get on at the station, and then make the call
to the driver?

Thanks
Andrei