Re: {Vic} Heritage and Enthusiast State of Australia.

Rod Young <freight_man@hotmail.com> said:

>Funny thing about us southerners, we really know how to run trains!
>Steam Trains! Diesel trains! ElecRail Trains! Enthusiast Trains! and
>where else in Australia can you buy a ticket to a Provincial Town and
>turn up to find a Main Line Steam Engine on the front...and making a
>profit too! Come on you Welshmen give us our due!
>Victoria doing it right! Last Count 4 Freight Australia trains now
>running in NSW, and at least 4 more to start soon. NSW are ready to drop
>one of their two trains very soon ;op--

Very interesting weekend for the bulldog fans to say the least!

For me, I saw and/or heard of the following:

Friday: GM36, Usual WCR S's at Spencer Street.
Saturday: GM36, 4201, Usual WCR S's
Sunday: 4201, WCR S's, GM19 (AN)
Monday: 4201, GM36, WCR S's back-to-back on down Warrnambool. Mixture of FA
S's at North Geelong yard.
Tuesday: 4201, WCR S's, FA S's at North Geelong yard

So, in Vic, we can safely say the following single ended bulldog liveries
seen are and/or could have been:

a) WCR Livery. S classes
b) NSWGR Green/Gold livery. 4201
c) V/Line Livery. S class
d) Commonwealth Railways livery. GM36
e) AN Livery. GM19
f) AN Livery. CLP/CLF
g) ASR Livery. CLP/CLF
h) Great Northern Livery. GM22/GM27
i) Santa Fe (pseudo VR?) Livery. S313

We can then go into A and B class locos too (: Okay, I will...

j) WCR Livery. B class
k) VR Livery. B75 (gnrs)
l) V/Line Blood & Vomit livery. A class
m) V/Line Orange Livery. A class.
n) Freight Vic Livery. A81
o) Freight Australia Livery. A77
p) Union Pacific livery. B80

16 different liveries. Anyone care to add? (:

What an impressive lineup it would be to see one of each livery/type side
by side!!

Regards

Michael

--