Re: Suburban densities and rail service (was Re: Putting light rail in subway)

I have only operated on a really old (original) railroad for a short time
until it was closed in about 1979. This line in Victorias North-East was
built about the turn of the Century (the one before our new one ;o) and one
of the original sections, which had very short curves and was very
undulating, was laid in very light track and each section of track was very
short, perhaps 12 feet long. the curves were actually straight  sections of
this rail joined end to end but pulled around slightly in the direction of
the curve! So that the finished curve consisted of multiple short straight
sections of track..
;o)

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/
Foundation President and Co-Founder
Hobsons Bay Model Railway Club Inc.
Operators of Australia's only 'Australian' Model Railway Show
Every Easter in Melbourne.
and my page
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/rods

y_9N4.121$p92.115@firefly">news:y_9N4.121$p92.115@firefly...