[Qld] Nerang observation

 post on behalf of QR history group
Left Nerang for Beenleigh on a very clean inside and out IMU 106
(#U0B1) at
0925.
Waited at Helensvale for SMU224+233 to pass. We're seeing a lot more of
the
new SMUs down here on the Gold Coast line now...
Arrived at Beenleigh, changed over to SMU 209 to Sunnybank. Took some
great
photos of EMUs and SMUs passing each other just south of the platform.
Took EMU 69 to Roma St, changed to SMU 201 to Redbank.

If you're a fan of the 1502 class get out to Redbank loco. There is at
least
10 floating around out there, and are easily (and legally) photographed
from
the road with a 80~200mm zoom.

What was new to me were several power cars, exactly the same as used on
the
'westlander', but painted an off-white colour, lined up in the eastern
section opposite Redbank station.

Walking north right back to the malting (?) plant and then west again,
revealed a 3-car RM2000 series set. Also a few 23xx and 17xx located
within
easy view. Then circumnavigating the complex in a clockwise direction, I
visited the 'graveyard' (shunting school) of SX cars, 1200 and 1225
locos
etc ... nothing has changed since the last visit in February.

Finally  left Redbank for Bowen Hills on EMU 45+55. Starting to rain -
uh oh
! Luckily it cleared up while attempting to eat a quarter-pounder.
Original
liveried 2104 was shunting a few power cars into one train - odd ?
There is
a build up of SX sets east of the diesel shed. Photographed it all, and
several SM/EM/IM sets from the bridge. Walking back to Bowen Hills
station I
decided to photograph from the passenger bridge on the northern end of
the
station. Bad idea! Some crabby female guard started yelling at me about
not
having permission and photographing 'tags'. Got up and left, walked
around
to the other end of the station, and as was almost out of film,
returned on
SMU 227 to Nerang.

I'll have the photos developed tomorrow and up by Friday on the site
below,
including from my last trip to Normanby on the 16th.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/