Re: new loco hauled passenger stock

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:31:11 GMT, James C. <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote:

>In article <3905123c.19324661@news.powerup.com.au>,
>  petan@powerup.NOSPAM.com.au (Peter and Susan) wrote:

>> >Also back in 1986(IIRC) QR order couple of stainless steel sleeper
>> >carriages from Kawasaki. Before that V/line N class(82/83).
>> >QR is probabily the only operator ordered brand new loco haul
>passenger
>> >rollingstocks for the last decade.
>> >
>> >--
>> >Cheers
>> >
>> >James
>>
>> Re the QR [non GSPE] stock delivered in the 1980's.
>>
>> Perhaps you mean the LAL 1st sitters [5] / LAR 1st roomette sleepers
>[10] / LBL Economy sitters [10]
>> / LDC [5] diner delivered from Comeng [NSW & QLD] between 1981 & 1985.
>Yes.....Kawasaki have a part also...supplyed most of the components.

Hi James,

Adam West had a very interesting article, with diagrams, pictures and text,  on these Budd / Comeng
carriages in Sunshile Express Feb 1997 pages 297 to 305.

Interesting if you have access to any of the ARHS archives.

Re the other discussion on this thread about the use of former guard's van's bogies and underframes
recycled for the GSPE.  Adam West has also written some articles in more recent editions of Sunshine
Express explaining this matter.

Cheers
Peter
Peter & Susan Cokley
petan @ powerup.com.au
http://msnhomepages.talkcity.com/PicnicPl/petan-oz/
For personal replies to this message, remove NOSPAM from our address to avoid bounced mail.