Re: [NSW] SMH 24/4/2000 Letters "Unco-ordinated"

"Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
390442e3$0$27524@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:390442e3$0$27524@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> As printed in today's SMH (see subject)
>
> "First planes at Sydney Airport arrive at 0500. Most staff at the airport
start work at or before
> 0500.
> First trains at the New Airport Rail Link scheduled to arrive at 0509.
Brilliant.
> .....>snip<"
>
> James Carroll, Panania
>

> Where did he get this information from? It's not that the new timetables
have been released yet! Or
> is he an insider?

What is more, who cares? These flights arriving at 0500 are international
flights, does he really think that a passenger arriving off an international
flight at 0500 will have disembarked, cleared immigration, collected their
baggae, cleared customs, and is ready to catch a train at 0509?

As for staff, when I worked for QF we all drove (since they provided parking
for us) despite the existence of the Airport Express bus, and I imagine that
staff will continue to do so even after the railway opens.

Dave