Re: (OT) The new Jay Jay Jeans ads (the one with the ticket inspector)

"Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> writes:

>I thought I was in aus.tv for a second there...........

>The "I lost my ticket" excuse is the oldest trick (and least likely to work)
>in the book, closely followed by "I was running for the train".

Especially when the NSW railway by-laws (which apply to all State Rail
operated passenger services) explicitly state that a passenger is required
to have purchased a ticket and be on the platform waiting for the train 5
minutes before the scheduled arrival time. Things would be soo different if
one day a directive was issued that this by-law had to be strictly applied!
8-)

Any passenger who tries to abuse drivers and guards over leaving them behind
(esp. when trains are already running late) has absolutely no recourse. I
stand by my statement of about 12 months ago that any passenger attempting
to board a train of mine after the guard has started to close the doors will
be detained (using whatever force is required) until the police arrive -
until people learn the hard way (hopefully not by falling under moving
trains as they try to board) they won't learn at all...

I still think there should be co-ordinated access gates which close under
semi-automatic control to bar access to any platform once the 5 minute
period commences. That would force people to be at a station on time, and
also help to control the surging crowds on platforms in the AM and PM peak
periods.

The station indicators on all of the CBD stations (here in Sydney) need a
complete overhaul to make this work effectively though - I cannot fathom why
the current, hopeless, passenger information systems are persisted with if
we are supposed to be running a 'world-class' system... Even the new plasma
screens are pretty useless on their own.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport