Re: [VIC] fire on train in western district

Gordon Macmillan wrote in message <8dog6l$mic$1@possum.melbpc.org.au>...
>http://www.abc.net.au/news/state/vic/metvic-21apr2000-9.htm

>Explosive products in burning train carriages

<snip>

I saw it on the ABC news tonite. It was a Trailerail train which must be the
only time the tyres of a train will burn. I noticed that they mentioned the
fact that there were cylinders of compressed Helium on the train, the
implication being (I suppose) that these would add to the inferno. I assume
that passing year 8 chemistry is not required for ABC journalists.

Barry Campbell