Re: Countrylink Griffith - Broken Hill

ok from the rumor desk there was a meeting down in the south west and some
people from the town ships that were serviced by SL15/16.
have gone up in arms and basicly decleared war on our shit house transport
minster who has failed in his job
also there are rumors that the blue birds are coming to the hunter valley
some time next month can any body give any more details on this
andrew
"RNS" <steam3801@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Making passengers change trains is a sure way of losing patronage!
>

> On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 10:03:22 +1000, "KaMaK" <mckinnon@interact.net.au>
> wrote:
>
> >A superior approach would be for a 2 car set to run Moree - Werris
Creek -
> >Moree on the days a 2 car set is diverted to/from Griffith. (This would
> >amount to 4 days a week).
> >
> >Providing quieter patronage days of the week are selected {so the 4 Car
> >Armidale sets could cope with the combined patronage} there would be no
> >disruption to Moree services, merely a change of trains at Werris Creek
for
> >passengers. A single car crew member could travel pass to and from Werris
> >Creek on their existing shifts.
> >
> >It would be interesting to hear if there are genuinely safety concerns
with
> >the HUB / RUB cars or is it more like there wheel sets on those carriages
> >are worn out and the costs of replacement is the reason for the service
> >cancellation.
> >
> >Keith McKinnon
> >.
> >RNS <steam3801@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >9l3rfso6l16nsvo2p5nggftl4u7mlc30od@4ax.com">news:9l3rfso6l16nsvo2p5nggftl4u7mlc30od@4ax.com...
> >>
> >> Rumour has it that the way Countrylink will provide an Xplorer service
> >> to Griffith is to cancel the Moree Xplorer two days per week and
> >> operate that two car set to Griffith.
> >> As there are no spare Xplorer cars this rumour would seem to have some
> >> legs.
> >> Bet the Moree line people have something to say to Sculley when they
> >> find out.
> >> Latest analogy for Countrylink: SS Titanic. i.e. Sinking Ship!

> >showed

> >new

> >is
> >staff and