Re: Railways missing from the Easter Show (now slighty OT)

That is getting more common across life, worse luck.

For example:

* Late night TV used to be about watching shows which could not be seen
during the day and prime time. It is now wall to wall infomercials and phone
sex ads;

* I went recently on the same day to Big Days Toys and Sexpo exhibitions in
Sydney and thought that some exhibitors were at the wrong place (mobile
phone sellers at both, jet skis at Sexpo, vibrating beds and artworks at
BBT's).

Maybe the railways are continuing with the "back to the bush" theme this
year........maybe they think that a website, the Terrorgraph, ausrail and
the trip to Olympic Park is enough advertising. Also, I remember the area of
State Rail that handled a lot of the previous displays no longer exisits.

There could also be the criticism that would be aimed in rail's direction
that money spent on an Easter Show exhibit could be spent on the system.
Also, there is a big transport conference in Melbourne this year that maybe
they are devoting themselves to......who knows?

Food for thought.

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com