1970s Actual location for change of locos IP/Trans at Kalgoorlie?

>From 1977 when the standard gauge was put through the platform at
Kalgoorlie. I know that the exchange between Westrail locos and ANR locos
occurred at the platform as there was a run-around using the 'freight main'
which was the track past the old ground level platform.
>From that year K class ran the IP and Trans from Kalgoorlie to Perth.
Prior to that the ground level platform was without a run-around track.
However,when I first travelled to Perth in 1975, it was with run-through ANR
GMs and CLs.  So therefore there was no need to change locomotives.

I was reading in this month's 'Railway Digest' that the inaugural IP
exchanged locos in both directions at Parkeston.  Was this the case for
every Trans since 1968, and every IP from 1970 to 1975?

I remember that all freights had their locomotives changed over at West
Kalgoorlie (at least from 1975), with all ANR locomotives making light
engine movements between Parkeston and West Kalgoorlie, and WAGR locomotives
never coming near the station except for shunt moves into the old Trans dock
and on Leonora freights.

I was told that the Westrail actually owns the line up to the up(western)
distant signal at Parkeston.  I asked that in 1977, because I asked a
Westrail employee, why Westrail was installing  flashing light level
crossing protection at the sealed road at the western end of the Parkeston
yard and had power signalled (now since removed) as far as that signal.

So it would have been logical for the actual exchange to occur at Parkeston,
due to the ANR crews finishing and beginning their shifts at Parkeston,
track ownership and  run-around availability using the Parkeston loop.

As an aside I was lucky to ride behind a triple consist Trans/Trans/IP in
Dec 75 from Kalgoorlie to Perth, it was about 36 cars long behind CL4 and
GM47.  It blocked the level crossing at Kalgoorlie for at least 40 minutes.
The locos and about 3 cars had to run past the platform end at Perth
Terminal.  I was in the rear consist and it sure shuddered when the brakes
were applied.

regards,
Grahame.