Re: [Vic] "W" cars should be used on SG tours

"James Brook" <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38FC364B.8E5EBF1@ozemail.com.au">news:38FC364B.8E5EBF1@ozemail.com.au...
> Dave Proctor wrote:
>
> > The N's have windows that open from the bottom, much the same as the S
cars
> > from NSW. I believe they also have drop down windows on the doors,
although
> > open to correction on this.
>
> If they aren't those crappy SAR style windows in the K cars then those NSW
ones
> are already better! :-)

Actually, I don't mind the N cars - they have semi-compartment seating in
the Economy cars (the *FN's) - basically, they are four across- 2+2 with a
central aisle - but the seats are arranged in fixed pairs with a central
table, with a wooden partition between the backs of seats (hard to explain,
but the best I can do). Basically, imagine a compartment (like the BRS in
Victoria) that has only two seats in it, and the partition between
compartments stops about 2 feet short of the roof. That is most of the
economy N class, not sure if the ones they are using have been refurbished.

Dave