History of Melbourne Electrification

I am working on a comparative study of suburban railway electrification in a
number of cities in the Asia-Pacific region.  Two of these are Sydney and
Melbourne.  There is an excellent article summarising the decision-making
process that  resulted in elctrification in Sydney.  It is Ian Brady,
"Jubilee of Syndey's Electric Trains", ARHS Bulletin, Vol. 27, No. 461,
March 1976.  However, so far I have been unable to locate anything similar
on Melbourne.  Does anyone know of any such articles or books, or is it a
case of off to Melbourne and the La Trobe Library and going through the
parliamentary papers?  (I live in Sydney by the way.)  I would very much
appreciate any advice people in this newsgroup could offer.

with thanks,
Robert Lee