[Qld] Ipswich workshop sighting

Post on behalf of QR-history message board:

The Queensland Railways Interest Group - http://welcome.to/qrhistory/

Hi all,
Seems I missed an interesting discussion over the weekend.....
I think any information on any part of QR should be shared with everyone
here on this list, as well as posted on aus.rail, etc., etc.
Anyway, I visited Ipswich Workshops with my work on Wednesday last, 12-
4-00,
but haven't had a chance to post any info until now - sorry.
Sighted:-
DEL1460+1259+1159 were stored in-line for restoration.
BG-1009 (Beyer Garratt) and C17-974 were present for ongoing
maintenance.
PB15-742 had obviously not been moved for a while as a yellow safety
line
had been painted over the tip of her cow-catcher where it protrudes
over the
walkway!
DD17-1051 (Blue Baby) was in bright blue pieces everywhere - obviously
just
been re-sprayed.
A10-6 looked lovely and her sister's boiler was being overhauled.
The tenders for AC16-221A and C17-1000 were being overhauled as was the
AC16's boiler.
Hope this is of some interest.
Would have given my left leg to see the Workshops at Ipswich in full
swing
in the 50's and 60's - pity I wasn't born 'till 1975.....
Cheers,
Peter.

--
Cheers