Re: [NSW CityRail +] World coming to an end!

> What impresses me is
> Positive:
> I've never heard such a magnificent attempt to keep passengers
informed of
> the nature and likely duration of a delay, and to express CityRail's
regret
> etc.
Ever tried Hillside trains before? Or Bayside trains? Or GSR ?or
Citytrain? or TransAdelaide? or TransPerth? or V/Line? Or QR's
Traveltrain? or Yarra trams? Or Swaston trams? Westrail?

> I've rarely seen such smart working as swapping the Wollongong trains
to the
> IL so they could bypass the queue for the ESR at Erskineville - I can
> remember past avoidable delays of hours.
My comments...see above

> Negative:
> The customers, having read either the Terrorgraph or aus.rail, all
perceive
> that if one train is late, all trains are late.  An expert on signal
> failures probably had more credibility than the guard in our car.
The girl
> who was going to be an hour late might have been 45 minutes late
before she
> joined the train.
Not all of them are railfans...some of them are common users. Not all
of them are familair with the system. You are right that the guard
suppose to be responsible for his passengers, inform them why and how
long would the train delay.

> A network which runs about 160 electric trains in the peak hours is
bound to
> have a few delays.
>This delay seemed to be six trains for up to 15 minutes.
> Bad, but not horrifying.
Try to compare with even busier system like Japan's Tokyo's
metro/Shikansen and principal JR lines. They run more trains then any
cities in Australia, they can run them smoothly without delays.

> The problem now seems (post-Glenbrook, post-Terrorgraph) that even
when the
> delay is short and the apologies sincere and profuse, the customers
just
> assume that the entire system has stopped again.
>
> Rgds
Hopefully forever. This sort of things give rail a bad name. And
wouldn't help for other opertors as well.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/