Re: [NSW] Tangara announcement system

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Hubert Lam wrote:

> Sometimes you hear a gentle chime before the guard announces something over
 the PA and sometimes that chime doesn't come up.

> On some Tangara cars, the speakers are basically so loud that people outside
 the train can hear it.
> Is that actually noise from a speaker that projects the noise to the
 surrounding of the train?

Yeah it is. I think that the speakers are located behind the grills in
the roof where the air-con gear is located.

---
Ben Armstrong                                         /
<ben.armstrong@boral.com.au>  /  ___  |_||_||_||_|  _ _   |_|  ___
<ratso_101@hotmail.com>      //|| | |    Ratsara   | | |  | | | | |
ICQ #: 1434 3878                 0-0                0-0        0-0