Re: Indian Pacific diverted [NSW, Vic. SA & WA]

In article <38F84526.6917DE93@werple.net.au>,
  Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:
> I was e-mailed on Friday evening that, because of floods near
Mannahill
> (SA), the Thurs.13.4 westbound IP from Sydney was diverted via
Melbourne
> on Fri.14.4, passing Manor Loop at 14.33 with locos NR91-NR24.
> These times suggest that the train ran to Parkes and was diverted from
> there.
> Surprisingly, there has been no other mention on either ng.
Someone mentioned it in "aus-loco"

> A Melbourne observer suggests that the train did not run into
Melbourne
> Spencer St station, but must have reversed at Tottenham Loop.
Yes. The train was 6 hours late at Adelaide due to the extra 400km via
Melbourne. Wondered what's it like to see Albury station and murray
river from Hannah' Bar:-)

I would like to see IP run into Spencer Street one day:-)

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/