Re: Consist of Special Train

The K cars are the worst type of car for a tour like this. When someone puts
their head out, they block virtually the entire window because they open from
the top and only go less than ½ way down. As the parallel run will no doubt be
exciting, all the windows will have people leaning out of them. Other people
inside the train will have no hope of seeing what's going on outside. The
windows in the wooden cars open from the bottom, so a person doesn't have to
block the entire window to lean out. You can still get a good view even if you
are on the other side of the carriage. In the K cars you don't have a hope of
seeing anything. I would have even preferred a parallel run just from Benalla
in the wooden cars if that was possible. As for the headboard, it wouldn't hurt
Steamrail's customer relations to remove the headboard for a tour like this.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au