Re: [NSW] Cityrail Grades

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:52:52 +1000, "Mitch"
<this.is.not.my@email.address.com> wrote:

>What's the largest grade on Cityrail.. It seems to be mostly flat but what
>is the largest º grade?

The load for a 46 class used to be 410 Tonnes between Valley Heights
and Katoomba, the lowest I was aware of (this was 20 yrs ago) I think
VH to Katoomba might be the steepest sustained grade in the system but
I could be wrong.

Lithgow to Zig Zag (up) was 615, also Hawkesbury River to Cowan was
615.

While on this sort of thread who knows or can guess what is the
station with the highest altitude in the suburban area (bounded by
Helensburgh, Emu Plains, Richmond, Berowra and Macarthur).

paul