Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

"paul" <paulrw@xa2.com.au> wrote in message 38f6f5ba.2160642@news">news:38f6f5ba.2160642@news...

> >Some of them are complete morons anyway. I don't know if you are familiar
> >with the layout of Penrith station, but there is a vast car park on the
> >northern side of the station, and the ticket office is on the southern
side
> >of the station. One morning, I parked in the car park and then proceeded
via
> >the footbridge to platform 3 and then out to the ticket office. I just
> >happened to time this with the arrival of a train from the City. The
RPO's
> >were waiting and, needless to say, did not believe my story that I had
only
> >just parked in the car park.
> >
> >They issued the infringement notice and then I realised that I had my
> >receipt from McDonalds on me (McDonalds breakfast - yummmm!) It was dated
> >and timed for 15 minutes earlier at Panthers (5 minute drive from the
> >station).
> >
> >They refused to revoke the infringement notice and it was only after I
> >called the Sector Managers office (and soon thereafter one of them was
> >called into the SM's office for a phone call) that they revoked the
notice.

> >Surely common sense would dictate that they have someone on the bridge  -
> >firstly get anyone coming off trains and going to the car park (main
reason)
> >and also to verify that people do in fact come from the car park.
> >
> You'd think there'd be a  TVM or even a little office on the Northern
> side or at least upstairs for the carpark, if only from 5.30am to 9am
> weekdays.

Probably will be after construction has finished, although you will be able
to get from the car park to the ticket office without entering the paid area
once they have finished. I would have thought that they would have used a
bit of common sense with all the contruction work going on there.

Dave