Re: Countrylink Griffith - Broken Hill

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:32:41 +1000, David Johnson
<trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>Eric Cartman wrote:
>
>> I just rang the CountryLink number 132232 @ 2100 12/4
>>
>> It said that the service (WL33) was cancelled for today and that a bus was
>> running Dubbo - Broken Hill (off the XPT, usual bus by the sounds of it). It
>> also said that passengers with bookings from stations Orange, Parkes,
>> Conobolblin, Ivanhoe and Parkes to Broken Hill can use the Indian Pacific on
>> 13/4 (WL1).

Ahh !!Conobolblin!!, what town is that with a name that sounds like
farting in the bath? Err, don't you mean Condobolobin, err
Conbollobin, err Condobobling, err fu...it, the town between Bogan
Gate and Roto?

>Too bad if you had to be in Ivanhoe tonight!  Why no advance notice?

Is it any wonder that, according to RD, Countrylink have had a 4%
decline in patronage? Meanwhile, in Victoria and I think Queensland,
country patronage continues to grow.......

Les Brown
Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to loose.