Re: Cityracket ticket inspectors

"Eric Cartman" <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote in message
38f459d4@news.iprimus.com.au">news:38f459d4@news.iprimus.com.au...

> They can check you for concession cards there.........the area is CityRail
> property and you can be asked for a ticket/concession card while on
CityRail
> property.

There is an implied invitation to be there, since it is also a commercial
area. There is nothing unlawful about having a concession ticket, the only
offences are to be on State Rail property without lawful authority, which
for the non-paid area would be hard to prove. If in the paid area, they
would have more of a case, since you need a valid ticket in order to have
lawful authority to be in the paid area. Possession of a concession ticket
without a concession entitlement would be the same as having no ticket, so
there could be an offence there.

As for the checking of tickets before going through the gates, I would tell
them (politely) that I was walking up to check the indicators, and that I
was not travelling anywhere, and that they therefore had no right to inspect
my ticket.

Dave