Re: Questions, Answers and Tips

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~neety If
> > you want to talk to me on ICQ send an authorisation request.
Otherwise, I wont
> > get the msg...
> >
> > Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?
> > A)  Olympus.
> >
> > Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?
> > A) I LOOOOVE B&W, but I also use colour
> >
> > Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as SillyRail,
> > Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in
electric train
> > areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)
> > A) ausrailitis - occasionally
> > A) underwirephobia - never
> > A) BSENCS - no
> >
> > Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?
> > A) Have your camera handy loaded with film and make sure you get the
> > intended train prominent in the shot, not as a speck of dust in the
> > background.
> >
> > Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?
> > A)  about a year or so
> >
> > Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in
Australia?

HREF="http://www.erk.au.com">http://www.ozemail.com.au/~neety</A>
> If you want to talk to me on ICQ send an authorisation request.
Otherwise,
> I wont get the msg...
>
> <P>Q) What type of camera do you use for stills and/or video?
> <BR>A)&nbsp; Olympus.
>
> <P>Q) Do you prefer colour or black and white for stills?
> <BR>A) I LOOOOVE B&amp;W, but I also use colour
>
> <P>Q) Do you suffer from ausrailitis (using words such as SillyRail,
> <BR>Terrorgraph etc), underwirephobia (the camera disappears in
electric
> train
> <BR>areas) or Black Sky Equals No Camera Syndrome (BSENCS)
> <BR>A) ausrailitis - occasionally
> <BR>A) underwirephobia - never
> <BR>A) BSENCS - no
>
> <P>Q) Do you have a tip for good rail photography?
> <BR>A) Have your camera handy loaded with film and make sure you get
the
> <BR>intended train prominent in the shot, not as a speck of dust in
the
> <BR>background.
>
> <P>Q) How long have you been a rail photographer?
> <BR>A)&nbsp; about a year or so
>
> <P>Q) Which territories/states' trains have you photographed in
Australia?

> <P>NSW only (will be in Canberra next week to get some pics)
>
> <P>Q) Have you photographed overseas trains?
> <BR>A) Not yet. I saw a passenger train (similar to the Xploder) and
a&nbsp;
> freighter in NZ in September 99, but was there were trees in the
way...
> :(
It's got to be the "Sliver Fern". Once the pride of NZ rail(actaully
still is) with wool reclining seating . Used to run in between Auckland
and Wellington, now make a day trip between Rotorua and Auckland and
Tauraga and Auckland. The railcar introduced in 1972 very much a ahead
of its time:-).

--
Cheers

James