Re: NSW State Rail...a nightmare that is getting worse

Ok, I can't honestly believe that people are sticking up for this
"shity"rail. I mean when most companies become slack, people stop using
them. But with city rail you have no alternative. And cityrail know this.
They know that no matter how slack they get, people will still catch trains
because they have to get to work. But rest assured people, if something
isn't done soon these guys are likely to kill some of us. It seems like rail
incidents are happening all the time now. Derailments are becoming the norm.
Signal failures everywhere.

So now I pay more per week in fares too. Ok so a car is more expensive, but
a car gets me there on time and I can get up an hour later. I also have
faith in my driving ability and feel pretty sure that i won't end up going
up the rear end of an Indian Pacific!

People have been saying that staff are good but there isn't enough of them.
Well what about the guy behind the ticket booth (he knows who he is on the
Central Coast line) who doesn't serve you until he is finished with his
mobile phone. Usually you miss a train as a result. And the guy who when I
saw that the trains were all over the place and asked him "are the trains
running behind schedule" I got told in a smart alec tone "just a bit"! It
turned out it was another derailment. Station staff said "technical
problems".

And every train is much dirtier than in the past. We used to have a world
class rail system that I loved and was proud of. Now I'm ashamed and hate
shityrail.

Flame me if you have to, but at least I'm not sucking up to them.

Joel