Re: [SA] Pinaroo, Loxton

Maurie Daly <mdaly@pcug.org.au> wrote:

> I presume you mean to SG .
> Both Loxton and Pinnaroo are now SG , Loxton was reguaged first .
> Last time I was at tailem Bend both lines were very rusty ,ie no sign of
> any traffic.
> Monarto South to Apummurra is open and does get used .
> GMs and lighter can run on the branch.

Ah, the o'l branch lines, makes for great gunzel photo
sessions and/or wish I was there back in the old days.

However, Don sold the SAR to the Feds because SA could
no longer afford it.

Years later, AN tried the "regional freight centre"
concept at Loxton, nobody bought it, neither did the
standard gauge conversion.

----Terry Burton
<< Remove net after @ for email reply. >>