Re: [VIC] Fatality at Reservoir

<james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message 8cpm1t$p28$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8cpm1t$p28$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8cp6ln$7m6$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
>   cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> > Another Fatality at Reservoir on Sunday (8/4/2000) in the morning, this
time
> > it was an accident where a toddler ran in front of the train.
> >
> > In cases like these where it is an accident and loss of such a young
person
> > I feel realy sorry for the family and the driver of the train.
> No one can be blame for this incident.This is due to Met lines mostly
> without fensing. Anyone can access the line anytime.

As the parent of a 2 year old myself, I would actually put the blame on
whoever was meant to be supervising the child at the time.

Nobody should let a small child unaware of the dangers do something like
cross a railway line on their own, no more than you'd send them across a
street on their own.

According to the Age this was at an authorised crossing: no amount of
fencing would have helped. It pisses me off mightily that anyone would place
their children in this kind of danger. Parents should know better.

(Sorry, article doesn't appear to be online)

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au