[NSW] The Fish [was [NSW] A few things I saw today (Thursday]

At 05:23 2/04/00 GMT, eikkert@my-deja.com wrote:
>Can sombody confirm this but my boss told me he used to catch the fish
>when he was a kid and it used to run all to Springwood, Sydney
Terminal.
>Apparently it ran on time without fail for a good part of the
seventies.

>Can't say the same about it today, the bloody Fish always holds my
train
>up, even when we're late.

The Fish used to run all stations between Lithgow and Springwood and
nonstop between Sydney Terminal and Springwood until well into the
1990s, when they added Parramatta, Glenbrook and Blaxland as stops.
Can't say it ran always on time in the 1990s, although it was fairly
reliable by today's standards. I only moved to the Blue Mountains in the
early 1990s so can't vouch for its reliability before then. Does anyone
know what happened to Grant, the guard who entertained passengers on the
Fish and horrified the Blue Mountains Line Manager by referring to
stations as "Grannyville", "Springywood", "Hazel by the Brook" etc.?

Rob McDonald
Hazelbrook