Re: QR now has it own web site

Title: Re: QR now has it own web site

----------
In article <38EA813E.355386CF@ozemail.com.au>, L & D <daisyw@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:
In article <8ccb9b$am9$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I briefly checked out the site, this URL may be of interest to us:
>
> http://www.qr.com.au/about/about_qr.asp?subsec=&page=safety/safety.asp <http://www.qr.com.au/about/about_qr.asp?subsec=&page=safety/safety.asp>
>
> It is the "QR & Photographers page" as has been discussed in here
> before.
Goodness me!! 3 weeks notification before hand..... what a waste of
time.....

This site has a little gem in it If QR grants permission to film or photograph any of their locations you will be charged the cost $100 an hour with a min of 4 hours ($400)

 None of you still get it do you. This fee isnt' aimed at Gunzels photographing from the platform etc, although some people obviously have been hassled by overzealous station attendants. It's aimed at filming companies and professional photographers who may wish to go 'trackside' or anywhere else where normal access isn't given to the GP. $400 (or more) isn't outrageous for this kind of service, filming companies pay these kind of costs all the time. It can cost in the region of $7000 in vic to have the police close off a couple of streets here in Vic to do filming.
So keep taking your photos wherever and whenever you like (with the obvious disclaimer of doing it without trespassing)

Stuart Thyer
Photographer
University of Melbourne