Re: [NSW] New CityRail signage

Eric Cartman <erk_cartman@yahoo.com> said:

>Michael
>
>Why then does your ticketing system rely on colour coding?

That idea kicked the bucket once Metcard was introduced. Find me a colour
coded Metcard. Even the Bayside and Hillside maps have done away with
"yellow = zone 1, blue = zone 2, red = zone 3". The idea is also there,
where you can go to a station, and a sign (colour coded in some cases,
admittedlt) will say if you are in "Zone 1" "Zone 1/2" etc. Otherwise, you
can look at the poster.

Each time I buy a ticket in the morning, I do not ask for a "yellow ticket,
two hour please", i would ask for a "zone 1, two hour". You might even get
funny looks if you asked for a yellow/blue/red ticket. No-one complained
when we did away with the colours on the tickets, though what we /did/
legitimately complain about, was a system which was, and still is,
inferior.

If the system was superior, why may I ask, is fare evasion through the
roof?

Regards

Michael.

--
Michael Kurkowski. / Email: mailto:mk@netstra.com.au
Rail Enthusiast.  / Web: http://www.netstra.com.au/~mk

       ** Get paid to surf! Become an IT manager!! **