Re: [allegedly OT?] [NSW] North and Western routes

Dave Proctor wrote in message ...
>I was told not so long ago by a CityRail employee that this a rail
newsgroup
>and not a bus newsgroup, and I did not want others to suffer the same
>consequences.

Maybe the n.g. should be renamed aus.transit?

aus.rail's chief NSW trivia contributor, Ron Besdansky, pointed out some
time ago that North & Western *IS* a rail subject because it represents the
NSW Government's re-entry to Parramatta street transport after closure of
the Parramatta - Northmead fragment of the Castle Hill tramway on
01/01/1927.

So now to my keen interest in trivia here.  Ken Butt (sadly, I hear now the
late Ken Butt) was manager of the Hunters Hill Bus Company and its
successors for over 30 years.  Somehow, he managed to keep together all the
very old HHBC registration numbers such as m/o003, m/o613 etc. which went
back to the 1930s.  He also somehow revived some of the old Longueville Bus
Co registrations such as m/o174 and m/o 334 which once graced the
"Longueville Daimlers".

Will the STA keep these registration numbers as a part of Lane Cove /
Gladesville history, or will the buses inherit ex-Atlantean or ex-Leopard
number plates as soon as their registration is due?

[keeping the Northmead tramway in aus.rail] Rgds

Bill