Re: Queensland EMU sets

Barry Campbell <campblbm@ozemail.com.au> wrote

> On another slightly different topic, ISTR the EMU sets were originally
> issued to traffic with a raised QR emblem on the front.

Yes, they had a raised QR emblem in a dark blue colour.  The logo was also
slightly wider than the current one, and was not on an "angled" maroon
rectangle.

> Were they all built that way and if not when did they change?

All EMU's had raised logos.  I think the program to change them commenced in
1993.

> Also, why was the change made and did it involve the complete >replacement
of the front of the cars?

They changed when the fronts were repainted yellow (as said, in 1993).  They
were orginally a drab grey colour.  After repainting, some EMU's ran around
with no logo, until the adhesive maroon-backed QR logo was applied.  There
was no major change done to the front of the cab as far as I know -
definately not a dramatic change like sets 01 and 04 for example.

> Sorry this is not Cityrail or Bayside/Hillside stuff, but there are other
> places in OZ too.

If only there was more stuff about QR on this NG!