Re: Indian Pacific

IB98 wrote in message <20000401221617.02611.00001574@ng-cg1.aol.com>...
>Hi,
>
>I'm going to be on a trip to Australia and I was planning to take the
Indian
>Pacific from Adelaide to Sydney. I was wondering if the train is generally
on
>time, how scenic the route is, and how comfortable the holiday class is (is
it
>worth the money?)

Holiday Class is excellent value, IMNSHO. I travelled from Sydney to Perth
in Holiday Class in December 1998 and will recommend it to anyone.

The cabins are fairly small, but I spent very little time in them (basically
only overnight) - the rest of the time was spent in the lounge car.

The meals are excellent - breakfast was then $6 for a buffet breakfast
(juice, cereal, fruit, toast, croissants, all you can eat) or $10 for a full
breakfast (large helping of bacon, sausages, eggs and tomatoes thrown in).

Dinner would cost about $12 for three courses - the plates are about 10"
across, and are fairly full.

Dave