Re: [NSW] 3 phase AC propulsion system (was: Millennium Train sets)

What you call the oil cooling fan is what many refer to as the blower?  If
so, no.  The blowers on the 1st SMUs is shockingly loud and irritating and
certainly does not coincide with acceleration/deceleration.

I find the motors on the SMU cars are louder than G7 (not that I've been on
G7 for a couple of years) and have a very distinctive, albeit unobtrusive,
whine.  Not unpleasant to listen to and much quieter than Brizzie's EMUs and
the ICE cars.

Chris

38E691DF.D4A3FC0B@ozemail.com.au">news:38E691DF.D4A3FC0B@ozemail.com.au...