Re: [OT] Video Cameras to video trains (of course!)

David Rowe wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I'm in the market for a video camera, mostly to video trains. I can spend up
> to $900, so what can I get for that price, and what features should I look
> for? Any recommendations?

Look for Program AE so that you can set up high speed shutter.  Also look for
one with low light capability for those night shots on platforms.  If you want
to be able to show your videos without taking your camera, get VHS-C which can
go into a standard VHS recorder.  Panasonic is probably best in this line.  If
this feature is not important, go for a Sony 8mm.

Obviously, $900 won't get you much!

Look for a large OPTICAL zoom.  Ignore Digital zoom, it is a waste of time.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au